Saturday, January 23, 2010

I would like to get a woman's opinion as to whether I should wax part of my eyebrows?

I'm Italian and have very thick eyebrows. I have an issue with a ';unibrow';. I have been using tweezers to take care of it for awhile, but now the middle part is uneven and hairs are growing out in crazy directions. I feel like if I keep doing what I've been doing its gonna get worse, but I'm also afraid that if I go and get it professionally waxed I'll become dependent on it and it may get worse. I would like a woman's feedback about there feelings about a guy who waxes them and whether I should keep it the way it is or not. Its not ridiculously bad, but bad enough to where I'm self concious about it.I would like to get a woman's opinion as to whether I should wax part of my eyebrows?
I would say that you should have it done. Don't get the woman pencil line one though. There is nothing wrong with a little maintenance. After they have shaped them for you, it should be easy for you to maintain with tweezers.I would like to get a woman's opinion as to whether I should wax part of my eyebrows?
Waxing shouldn't change the way your hair grows other than to slow it for a few weeks, and it's usually a good idea for out-of-control brows. I wish more men would do it. Just make sure you tell the stylist that you want a ';natural, masculine'; look so she doesn't overwax you all metrosexual. You'll probably get addicted to it, but so what if you do? $7 every three weeks is well worth it to look better.
i would say it's a nice aspiration as long as you keep them natural looking. i will warn you that some people will think it is a 'gay' thing to do - i have a male friend who used to do it and he got mixed reactions, but his eyebrows certainly looked great and very attractive. i think it's your business and you should do it if you want to. keep in mind that you will have to keep it up or at least pluck it yourself during the times that you don't go.
go for it
There are plenty of guys who get their eyebrows waxed at the salon I work at. It isn't expensive and last allot longer than tweezing. No matter what you do the hair will grow back (unless you have it perm. removed w/ laser or electrolysis) so don't worry about the dependent part. Guys look so much better when they are well groomed. There is only a few things a guy can do to look better unlike a woman with all our makeup and tools. SO I say a guy should do everything they can. Keep their hair looking it's best which includes their eyebrows. You can always try it once ...if you don't like it you can go back to tweezing. I may warn you ..the first time you have it done it will sting a little but your Italian you can handle it.
Yes, wax it. unibrows are not attractive.
Sure, get it waxed, nothing to be embarrassed about, and it's a lot more convenient than tweezing. You also might consider laser hair removal in that area.
wax
i say go for it either way u will still need to keep up removing it and if u wax it , it last longer hair takes more to grow back so u will waste less time on ur unibrow but never ever wax any other part of ur brows just the unibrow u don't want to look like a pretty boy do u?
If it makes YOU feel better , why not :]
get it waxed
wax...u'll be happier, ur friends will be happier.
i think you should get it done by a good professonal because if it's one step wrong you are doomed. anywayz wish u new cool eyebrows :D
If it make you feel more self confident then yes, i think you should go for it. But only do it if it will make YOU feel better.
yes wax it
Yes, if you want to, go for it!
It all depends on how you feel about it. Obviously you're not happy with you eyebrows. Many women won't say anything to a guy about things like that. You're a guy...guys have bushy eyebrows and hair on their chest... there is nothing we women can do about that. If you really don't like having to tweeze them then definitely go to a decent salon and ask them to wax so it still looks natural, but clean. Its a lot easier to wax seeing that you can wait several weeks before having to go back to have it done again...and in between you'll only have to tweeze obnoxious hairs that grow back real noticeable.
I think you should do it, what do you have to lose? It won't make you depend on it more, but you might even learn how to wax it yourself.
I say wax the unibrow part. Other than that, leave them alone. If you must groom the rest of your brows, skip waxing and just pluck the really wild hairs. Because you are a guy, you don't want to have that overdone, girly look. Pluck only a couple of hairs at a time, step back in the mirror and look between each pluck. This will prevent any fiascos.





As for getting dependent, don't worry about that. If anything, the hair will grow back finer and sparser. That is because regular waxing damages the hair follicles, so they don't work as well, and that's good.
My husband is part Italian and he gets his waxed I think guys eyebrows look way better waxed

No comments:

Post a Comment