Saturday, January 23, 2010

Getting married in 3 days -- is it safe to get my eyebrows waxed?

Hi. My wedding is this Saturday afternoon. I was thinking of going to get my eyebrows waxed today. I've never done it before, but I don't want to have any irritation or redness on Saturday.





Do you think I would be safe if I went this afternoon? How long does it usually take for the irritation to go away?





Thanks!Getting married in 3 days -- is it safe to get my eyebrows waxed?
If you've never done it before I would go to someone that actually tweezes the brows.





I wouldn't want you to react to the wax and have a problem. I was once burned with wax getting mine done and I wouldn't chance it this close to the wedding.





If you opt for the tweezing, the irritation should be minimal.





Good luck.





Edit, Are you tan right now? This may seem silly, but if you have a tan the eyebrow waxing will expose new skin that hasn't been tanned yet. I'm sure that make up can fix it, but one more thing to think about.Getting married in 3 days -- is it safe to get my eyebrows waxed?
Yes you should be fine, unless:





1) you have unltra sensitive skin, then you want to make sure the wax isn't over heated.


2) You are on any prescriptions that thin our your skin, such as acne facial medications such as retin a-minicyclne, becuase they will cause a layer of your skin to be removed during waxing.





Also: just make sure you go to someone reliable and that will do the shpe of your eyebrows the way you want. Ask around your friends to see who they use. And if you are really worried about it, have them apply a little baby power to yur skin prior to the waxing this should help reduce redness and irritation! Good luck!
Yes, as others have commented, it takes just a short time for the redness to go away. But, since you have never had your eyebrows waxed before, I wanted to caution you on another matter. My experience. The first time I had my eb waxed, I was devastated by the outcome. I have very ';sparse'; eyebrows to begin with and I just wanted the little extra hairs above and below (almost invisible) to be removed. When I looked in the mirror, I had two, tiny, almost invisible eyebrows left and I had to use eyebrow powder to make myself look halfway normal for quite a while. Just make sure you explain to the person doing the waxing what you want. I would hate to see you unhappy on your wedding day.
You should be fine by Saturday, but if you've never had them waxed before, there's no guarantee that you won't experience a reaction from the wax. I don't think it's a good idea to do ANYTHING beauty-related that you've never done before this close to your wedding day. Can't you just tweeze them really good?
Yes. As long as you go atleast 2 days prior to the wedding you should be fine. You might want to try threading though. They can control the area of hair removal better and it is more sanitary. I did this for my wedding and it was much better than the times I got them waxed.
If you use Retinol (Retin-A) then don't do it.


Otherwise, 3 days should be enough for the redness to go away. Actually, it should be fine by tomorrow.


It shouldn't take more than a few hours for the irritation to go away but they do have creams to help soothe it.
You shold be fine. The redness and such should go away in a day, definatley before 3 days. They should have spray or something that cools down the burning and stuff, it also helps with irritation, ask them if they have something like that.
Personally, I'd say no to wax and just get them tweezed. It's too important of a day to risk irritation or break-outs around that area.


Normally the redness goes away in a day, but... what if your skin is more sensitive and it doesn't and you end up with red dots?
How sensitive is your skin? Does it normally get irritated easily? My skin is not very sensitive and it usually only takes about a full 24 hours for the irritation to go away for me.
One of my sister's friends had her eyebrows waxed for the first time and her skin was very red and irritated for a few days, she didn't even show up at gym because of it.
Yes it is safe...I would do it a day or 2 before the wedding just to be on the side of caution...This will allow the redness and irritation to go away, if you have any!
of course its safe! i get mine done everyweek....and the irritation only last like an hour or so..sometimes i dont even get red...but it doesnt last long..and totally safe as your wedding is 3 days away! Happy wedding!
I agree with the previous posters about tweezing or you can also try threading. Since it's your first time You COULD have a bad reaction to the wax - I wouldn't want to deal with that If I were you...
yes. it typically only takes a few hours for irritation to go away, and at the most, a day.
hi, if its ur first time noooo, u dnt kw whats gna happen , go to some1 who uses twezzers. congratulations on ur wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment