Saturday, January 23, 2010

I've never gotten my eyebrows waxed at a salon before .. ?

I'm 13 and I've never gotten my eyebrows professionally done before because my mom wouldn't let me . So I just plucked them at home and they turned out fine . But I'm going to get them waxed at a salon, so I have a really stupid question . What exactly happens there ? Like how do you know what your eyebrows are going to look like afterwards ? Do you show them a picture or something lol . But yeah, can someone please tell me ? No mean/stupid answers . Thanks .I've never gotten my eyebrows waxed at a salon before .. ?
Typically, we do not show pictures. Every person has a unique brow shape, and your best option is to have your own shape defined, by cleaning up excess. If you are wanting a thinner brow, or a more prominent arch, we can generally do so, but still have to consider the way your brow naturally grows. The waxing process goes like this (at least where I work):


1. I hand you a mirror and discuss your options. Before removing any hair, I make sure we are thinking the same idea.


2. I clean the area to make sure any oils that would prevent the wax from adhering are removed. I usually apply a small amount of baby powder to the area to reduce irritation, but many waxers differ on this.


3. A thin layer of wax is applied, then a strip over that. The strip is smoothed down, the surrounding skin is held taut, and the strip is ripped off. (This usually stings a little, but most people find it less painful than tweezing). Each area that needs waxed is done in the same manner.


4. A little bit of wax remover is applied to remove any stickiness, then any stray hairs are tweezed and cut to shape.


Ask your wax tech if they have any cooling gel if you feel a little irritated. If not, a cool, damp cloth held over the area will reduce stinging and redness. The whole process typically takes 10-15 minutes.


Hope this helps, and good luck!I've never gotten my eyebrows waxed at a salon before .. ?
hey, im 13 too. i dont trust anyone with my eyebrows my friends mothers got messed up by someone before. i pluck myself, so much better :)

Report Abuse



You shouldn't need a picture. Generally they will wax to give a shape to compliment your face naturally. If you would prefer more of an arch or a thicker/thinner look, let them know and they will be able to tell you if it will suit your face.





Eyebrows can make or break a face so don't be afraid to ask. A natural look is much better than over tweezed!
they will probably just follow your natural eyebrow shape that's what they do with mine and just tidy them up a bit, or you can tell them if you'd like them thinner, shorter whatever. it doesnt hurt and is much easier than plucking :)
they shape it and let you know what they'ree gonna do. They put wax onto the places that you want hair removed and then put a cloth ontop of it. THen they pull it off. And trust me-it only hurts for a minute!
If you go to a good salon, the woman will ask you what you want and you'll describe for her what you are looking for. She will also, probably, tell you what will look good with your features. Afterwards you will probably be red or at least very pink around the area that you had waxed. If you have fair skin it will last longer and be redder, and if you have sensitive skin you might get a few little bumps the first few times until your skin gets used to it. I would suggest getting it done on a Friday when you have no plans for the weekend, so you can see how your skin will react and you have a few days. Once you know what to expect the next times will be easier.
yeah i no how u feel. The eye brow waxing ladys dont lke to listen, so u have to find a place where there gunna understand what u meen. Tell them exactly what u want, lke say, i just want them cleaned up, and dont want them too skinny. And is they ont listen, dont give them a tip!
mhm...just tell them to -clean them, and keep the same shape-{if u like the shape of them} and yeah its really quick n they turn out great


a tip..:


dont touch them after u gettem dun ull get bumps on ur eyebrows its weird cuz ur skin might be sensitive
They just give you a general shape or they draw them on first
yea i want to get mine done too im 14 though and i i feel the same way...wen u get a best answer email it to me


thankz
I have never had my eyebrows waxed. I have been to many salons and watched them do the waxing. The Asian salons do not show pictures. A lady puts the wax on with a popsicle stick device and then she puts the paper on and pulls. She she may do a little tweezing and then she lets people look in the mirror. I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment