Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Waxing or plucking your eyebrows?

i'm going away to camp this summer for 2 weeks and my eyebrows have always been an issues to me since they are naturally thick. I always pluck them but little hairs come back in about 1-2 days, i really want to get them waxed so it would be one less thing for me to worry about at camp :( i also don't know how to ask my mom.. im turning 14 in August.Waxing or plucking your eyebrows?
Waxing hurts like hell, I cried at a saloon once. Don't do it, it's embarrassing too, unless you can take the pain. I've never tried it again.


That's just my personal experience. I think you should pluck them, it's easier, and there's no wax excess after.Waxing or plucking your eyebrows?
Of course waxing doesn't grow as fast as plucking but for everyone its different. I'm sure that your eyebrows are going to grow in the 2 weeks.





So Wax your eyebrows. Just tell your mom that you need to wax about it, be nice about it. Plus you're an 8th grader right? So just tell her you are old enough to wax.





Also you could wax yourself, buy those mini eyebrow waxing kits they are great for traveling super tiny. and works! But if you want to define and be super precise or if you are parnoid about your eyebrows then go to a saloon.
just tell your mom that it's something about your appearance that bothers you and you'd like to start getting your eyebrows waxed. i think i was about 14 or 15 when i first got them done. it lasts longer than plucking and is way faster. also it's a relatively inexpensive salon service. i would suggest regis or paul mitchell salons. i worked at a regis and it was only $15 there (granted that was 2006 and prices may have changed).


i'm sure it's not going to upset her if you ask :)





also, it's really painless. it hurts for like 2 seconds and your eyes might water. it seriously doesn't hurt bad at all.
i have a uni brow or use to have, i had my mom who is a stylish to wax him forst than i did it for a couple of times, wax makes the pours close cause of how hot it is but dont worry is not that hot. After i was done with the waxing i plucked the hairs that remain there. just tell your mom that u r caring about your looks and what she thinks about your eye brows, just tell her, u r gonna have to do it some day, its not like u r telling your neighbor or something shes your mom i mean.
I can relate completely. I have really thick eyebrows also. I do wax them and it seems to tame them but you'll need to do it every 2 weeks I usually tweeze them in between. Talk to your mom and explain to her your reasons for arching your eyebrows. Waxing at a nail salon will run you between $5-$10 a visit. Plus waxing is quicker than plucking each hair out.
Just explain to her that you have the money (usually costs about $10) or are willing to work for it. And let her know that you want them done because of camp. Tell her you just wouldn't have the time every other day to pluck them. It hurts, but it hurts a lot less then tweezing. I have had mine done since I was 17. I get them done about every 8 weeks.
waxing and plucking are basically the same. they both pull up the roots and neither postpones the hair growing back any quicker. If I were you if plucking really is a problem then bring tweezers and don't obsess to much you're supposed to have fun at camp.
Just tell your mom exactly what you said on here. It's really not that big of a deal and the worst that can happen is her saying no and you just having to pluck your eyebrows at camp. =)
i'm 14 and I pluck mine, but i've been thinking about just getting them waxed instead. Just go up and ask ur mom (at the right time of course) they are just ur eyebrows im sure she has probably waxed hers before 2. think of as a hair cut for ur face. lol. yea i know thats kinda strange but u know wat i mean.lol:)
If you don't want to pluck, threading is better than getting them waxed. Waxing damages the skin around the eye, since that area is so thin. You can usually get them threaded at any salon.
my mom OFFERED me to get them done at the hairdresser. now i get them waxed every 6 weeks. just ask, i bet she'll be supportive of you. :) much better than plucking.
Just be normal about it. Be like, ';Mom, I want to get my eyebrows waxed. Can you take me?'; Just explain how important it is for you.
never pluck the top only under


if theres lots that dosnt look good wax it there arre only a few out of line pluck
yea. go get a wax. it will last you 2-3 weeks.


its only $8 at salons! go for it dont listten to all these sissys it dont hurt...dram queens.
i just pull mine out.....i have issues
i pluck

No comments:

Post a Comment