Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Eyebrow help: first time wax; where to go; the right price; does it hurt? etc.?

I'm planning to get my eyebrows done for the first time. I was wondering what it is like, what to tell them, if it hurts, where to go, how much it should cost, etc.


My natural brows are thick, but sparse. I want it to look natural, not that penciled-in thin line look. Can anyone tell me what I should explain to them?


Bare in mind that I am 15, I don't wear makeup, but I do take for hair and skin care.





I cannot stand pain at all! I hate shots, so tell me what it feels like. Any memories or advice from your first eyebrow wax? How old were you?Eyebrow help: first time wax; where to go; the right price; does it hurt? etc.?
i'm not going to lie to you, waxing hurts. i've never had my eyebrows waxed but i've had areas on my face waxed and it hurts. i have my eyebrows threaded... a friend whose mother does eyebrow threading told me that waxing pulls off a very thin layer of skin every time and if you keep waxing your eyebrows you will get wrinkles around that area...


threading feels like plucking, if you've ever plucked your eyebrows... it doesn't hurt THAT badly... but any way you want to remove hair, it's going to hurt, sorry to say =\


i'd really go with threading... you don't have to get them done really thin. just tell the person who is doing them that you want them shaped but not thin.


good luck!





oh and i forgot to answer your other questions lol... waxing can cost anywhere from like $6-10... threading (if you're interested in that is usually $8). Go to a nail salon to get it done (if you want them threaded, you have to go somewhere that offers it because not every nail salon does).Eyebrow help: first time wax; where to go; the right price; does it hurt? etc.?
I had my first eyebrow wax when i was 12... it doesnt hurt too bad and i have a low high pain tolerance... it hurts for a second and then it stops! You tell them at a nail salon that you want them shaped and NOT THIN!!! or else they will wax them off! It costs anywhere from 10-20 dollars! GOOD LUCK!! :) hope this helps
I JUS STARTED GETTIN MY EYE BROWS WAXED. IM 20.. IT DOES HURT.. BUT NOT LIKE NEEDLE HURT. BC IM AFRAID OF NEEDLES TOO. I ACTUALLY CRY DURIN NEEDLES.. (LOL) but u should go to the nail salon (chinese are the best) im actually going 2mrw after work to get mine done.. i wish i had a picture to show u..but they come out pretty good.(provide she/he knows what they are doing) take 2 second wit both brow.. and u dont need to tell them anything unless u want them n a certain way.. GOOD LUCK

No comments:

Post a Comment